Google+

.

/

/

Find A Game

Translate

Sunday 20 July 2014

Are You Bored Of First Person Shooters?

Who Else Is Fed Up Of FPS Games?

July 19th, 2014 By Dean Howard



Are-You-Bored-Of-First-Person-Shooters-ps4-games


This fall season marks the launch of some major AAA first person shooters coming soon to current and previous generation consoles. The buzz and excitement for these shooters are at fever pitch, with games like Destiny, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Battlefield Hardline causing a storm on social gaming networks.


With all this anticipation in the air and as a die hard shooter fan myself, I began wondering why I no longer shared the same level of enthusiasm for recent FPS announcements. I thought about this for a while thinking when I lost interest in first person shooters and most importantly why?

I remember my early experiences with major franchises like COD, Battlefield, KillZone and Halo. The action packed cinematic cutscenes were exhilarating making you feel like part of the mission.

As technology improved over the years so did the on-screen visuals effects and gameplay dynamics. Yet with each new FPS I played, I began to feel something was missing. With so much emphasis on graphics and players demanding new games to be visually better than the last. I wonder if compelling story telling is being sacrificed for 1080p, 60fps graphics.

There are only a few games in recent years like Naughty Dog's The Last Of Us, Uncharted series and RockStar's GTA franchise that have in my opinion been very well thought out, taking account of visuals and engaging backstory. There are obviously more than just these 3 titles mentioned above, but my point is that most of these awesome story driven games are not first person shooters.

I don't doubt how incredibly difficult and time consuming it must be for developers to work for years making these stunning visual FPS masterpieces, but I wonder if sacrificing good solid story plots in exchange for quick forgettable scripts will eventually cause more gamers to lose interest in the genre, especially campaign story modes.

Are-You-Bored-Of-First-Person-Shooters-ps4-games
Bungie however has peaked my interest with the latest Destiny Beta testing and I am secretly hoping for an engaging storyline to match the incredible visuals I have seen to hopefully re-ignite my love for first person shooters all over again.

Are you tired of FPS? What is your favourite FPS game? Leave your thoughts and comments on the subject below.


No comments:

Post a Comment